This week I had the honor of being nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Aubre (from the blog Aubre Nicole) AND the crafty Wanda (from the blog It’s a Wandaful Thing). I’m so grateful to these ladies for the nominations. I must be doing something right 😉
For those of you who don’t know, the Liebster Award is an award that recognizes and spreads the word about awesome new bloggers. If you receive the award, you get to pass it on to 10 other new bloggers who deserve to be recognized! Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and link back to their blog
- Post the award on your blog
- Answer the 10 questions asked by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 5-10 other awesome new bloggers to receive the award
- Come up with your own list of questions for your nominees
Questions Aubre Asked Me
Aubre nominated me first, so I decided to answer her questions.
- Who are your top 3 blogs/bloggers? 1. Melyssa Griffin from The Nectar Collective 2. Steph Stiavetti from Fearless Fresh 3. Gwen from Gwen’s Nest
- Are you an Introvert or Extrovert? I’m definitely an introvert… until I get to know you. Then I’ll want to talk to you all the time.
- What is your favorite food? My favorite food is my dad’s chili. It’s not exactly a ‘clean’ recipe, but a taste of home is necessary now and again.
- What month is your birthday in? May
- What advice would you give your younger self? I would tell myself to have confidence and think outside the box when it comes to careers.
- How long have you been blogging? I’ve been blogging since October 2015, so about 5 months now.
- Why did you start blogging? I started blogging because I had a passion for essential oils and clean eating. My boyfriend saw how excited I would get about it all, and how frustrated I got when i couldn’t find good information. So he said “well why not do the research yourself and write about it?” Blogging was such a foreign idea to me at the time, but I wanted to make a difference, so I started this blog.
- Is there a story behind your blog name? Kind of. When I decided I was going to start my blog, I texted my friend Hunter and asked her if she had any genius ideas for a blog name. She shot back a few names and The Essential Girl really stuck. It took her a total of like 3 minutes to name my blog, while I had been wrestling with it for days, haha!
- Where is your dream vacation? I would love to go somewhere and volunteer with large cats (tigers, lions, etc). Not exactly relaxing, but a dream come true to both help these animals and get to spend time bonding with them.
- What’s your favorite movie? My favorite movie is The Little Mermaid. (yes, still, and yes I’m almost 23, but don’t tell my inner child that)
These are all blogs and bloggers that I think are pretty awesome and deserve to be recognized 🙂
- Jenna from Meow Lifestyle
- Anne from Tasting Everything
- Tiffany from Tiffany Eat World
- Sandra from Keep in the Sunshine
- Angels from Wild Style Story
Questions for My Nominees
- What’s your favorite thing about blogging?
- What phrase do you use most often when you speak/write?
- What do you love most about the area of the world where you grew up?
- What time of day do you do most of your blogging?
- Where do you draw your inspiration from?
- What motivates you to keep going on days you feel like giving up?
- What is your biggest blogging goal right now?
- What do you enjoy doing in your free time (besides blogging)?
- Do you have any pets?
- What’s your favorite holiday?
Congratulations to you all! Don’t forget to leave a link in the comments to your post once it’s published! 🙂